- Full legal name, Social Security number, Date of Birth
- Primary phone number, email address, current and former residential/mailing addresses over the last two years
- Gross income amount, including primary, second and part-time jobs, as well as overtime, bonuses, and commissions, if applicable
- Secondary income sources and amounts, if you want them considered for repaying this loan – including retirement or veteran’s benefits, disability payments, alimony, child support, and rental or investment income
- Name, address, and phone numbers of all employers over the last two years
- Value of each bank account, retirement, investment, and other asset accounts
- Current expenses including housing, credit card and loan payments, child support and other obligations
- Original purchase price, year home was purchased, current estimated market value
- Total outstanding balance of all loans secured by the property
- Reason you are refinancing and the amount you need to borrow
Track the information as well as the documents you may be asked to provide when you apply.
Your mortgage professional will ask you to provide some or all of the documents listed below. Be prepared to provide additional documents as your application moves further along the process.
Income / Employment / Assets
- Pay stubs covering the last 30 days with year-to-date information included (for all jobs and applicants)
- W-2’s/1099’s for the past two years
- Federal tax returns (1040s) for the past two years, if self employed include last two years business returns
- Written explanation if employed less than two years or employment gap exists within the last two years
- Judicial decree or court order for each obligation due to legal action (example: lawsuit, judgment, child support)
- Bankruptcy / Discharge papers for any bankruptcies existing in credit history
- Current mortgage statement and copy of declaration page for homeowners Insurance.
- Driver’s License and Social Security card — legible copies